Lessons in Composition / Film Scoring / Orchestration
- Scoring to picture
- Creating mood, emotion and excitement
- Composition techniques and development
- Using sample libraries to create rich orchestral arrangements
- Managing and budgeting projects
I believe in large part, that teaching is a form of dialog between the teacher and student – an exchange of ideas that leaves the student and teacher both richer. My experience as a teacher has taught me that the flow of information and energy moving back and forth is something I can clearly feel. I know this inspires the students to be engaged and learning.
I encourage the development of an individual artistic voice in every student, and seek to prepare them with the technical and creative skills that are necessary to complete in the real world.
I hope to instill in every student a feeling of wonder for new ideas, and the strength that comes from learning new skills.
- Ph.D. Music, University of California, Los Angeles
- M.A. Music, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.M. Music, University of Colorado, Boulder
$75/hour (packages 4/$280, 8/$540) | in person (Pasadena, CA) or online
Note: Students should have a basic knowledge of music theory (scale and chord construction, harmony, notation).